This is the sign hung outside the vacation house. This 100-year-old machiya house was formally a thread shop. The couple who owns the house renovated the house and opened it as a vacation house in 2016. Here, you will be able to see the couple’s tastes in the furniture and even in the electronics.A Mix of East, West and Taisho Period InfluencesInside of the vacation house has strong influences of wa-yo-secchu (*1) and the Taisho period (1912-1926) in Japan.The furniture in the vacation house is a mix of items collected from antique shops while others are the latest brands that were donated by people. You can get a true Kyoto feel from the mix of tradition and modern technology.*1 wa-yo-secchu: the incorporation of Japanese and Western styles.1. Japanese-Modern Living Room Pin reddit All of the rooms look as though they were taken from a magazine. Out of the many interior decor features, the writer had a particular fondness to this antique lamp. It emitted a gentle and warm light that made you want to continue gazing at it. Once you step in, you may feel like the flow of time has changed. Take a moment to relax in the calming atmosphere. Kyoto Knot Vacation House is located only five minutes away from the Karasuma Gojo subway station in Kyoto. It is a guest house that rents out an entire machiya house.Hoping to make ties between customers and life in Kyoto, this vacation house was named “Kyoto Knot” by the owner. This is a booklet that records the history of the Kyoto Knot Vacation House. In this book, you can even see what the machiya house was like before it was renovated into a guest house. AccommodationBugetKyotoKyoto TravelHostels, Guesthouses Share Tweet Related topics Next PageNext Page: You just have to see the kitchen and the amenities!disable1 / 22 The information presented in this article is based on the time it was written. Note that there may be changes in the merchandise, services, and prices that have occurred after this article was published. Please contact the facility or facilities in this article directly before visiting.
A final group of 3,200 refugees crossed the border into Rwanda from Tanzania last Friday, said UNHCR spokesperson Ivana Unluova. They were the last of 535,000 Rwandan Hutus who fled in mid-1994 as the Tutsi-led Rwandan Patriotic Front overran the country, putting an end to mass killings by Hutu extremists that left at least 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus dead.An estimated 1.3 million Rwandans fled to what was then eastern Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo), while more than half a million escaped to Tanzania, UNHCR said. In Zaire, tens of thousands perished in a cholera epidemic that swept through huge, makeshift refugee camps near Goma in the summer of 1994.Most of the refugees went back to Rwanda from both Zaire and Tanzania in 1996. However, at the onset of last year, Tanzania still hosted an estimated 24,000 Rwandans, in addition to more than 400,000 from Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.In September, Rwanda, Tanzania and UNHCR reached an agreement to repatriate the remaining Rwandans by the end of the year. During the final weeks of 2002, officials from the UN agency worked around the clock to register those rushing to sign up for return ahead of the 31 December deadline.
Ohio State sophomore forward Kaleb Wesson (34) looks for an open shot during the second half of the game against Northwestern on Feb. 20. Ohio State won 63-49. Credit: Amal Saeed | Assistant Photo EditorThe Ohio State Men’s Basketball team beat Northwestern 63-49 at the Schottenstein Center on Feb. 20. Photos by Amal Saeed
Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedLethem hotel owner slapped with narcotics possession chargesApril 8, 2019In “Court”Police bust local drug ringOctober 18, 2015In “Crime”Guyanese among 13 charged in multinational drug smuggling ring in CanadaOctober 8, 2015In “Crime” The drugs seized during the operation in Lethem.Some 101lbs of compressed cannabis and 21lbs of cocaine were seized following an operation at Tabatinga, Lethem in Region Nine.Police in ‘F’ Division, acting on information received, went to a location a last evening about 19:30hrs where upon arrival, a male was seen running from an incomplete building.A search unearthed the large quantity of drugs, all packaged in a total of 61 taped parcels.Two persons have been arrested and are assisting with the investigation.One of the suspects is the owner of the property and the other person was arrested during a sting operation after he attempted to bribe the lawmen with a sum of cash, in order to have the drugs returned to him.The police team that found the illicit substances was led by a Superintendent.
Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedFather of 5 jailed after pleading guilty to armed robberiesAugust 21, 2019In “Court”Teen admits to committing armed robberies, to be sentenced tomorrow August 5, 2019In “Court”Ten years jail for man found guilty of two counts of armed robberyJuly 4, 2018In “Court” A 21-year-old man was today sentenced to three year imprisonment for robbing two persons at the seawalls in Georgetown.Ceon Ray of Sussex Street, Campbellville and Albouystown, Georgetown was found guilty of two robbery offences at the conclusion of his trial before Magistrate Rondel Weaver.It is alleged that on June 15, 2019, he robbed Tyrell Chu of a quantity of items amounting to $17,000.Further, on the same day, it is alleged that he robbed Ishan Singh of a cellphone and cash valued $56,000.Magistrate Weaver sentenced the defendant to three years on each count of robbery. However, the sentences will run concurrently, which means he will only serve three years behind bars.According to the reports, the duo was having lunch at the seawalls when they were attacked and robbed by Ray and an accomplice.A nearby police patrol responded immediately and apprehended the two men, with the stolen items in their possession.The accomplice, Navin Ally, had pleaded guilty to the charges and was sentenced to two and a half years imprisonment.
The first four 5 MW gearless drives were recently commissioned at the head drive station of conveyor CV-02, which forms part of Tenova TAKRAF´s scope of supply for Codelco’s Chuquicamata Underground mining project in northern Chile and the world’s most powerful belt conveyor system. Conveyor CV-02 is the second of TAKRAF’s mega 11,000 t/h gearless drive conveyors which will convey crushed copper ore from the underground mining area to the surface.Conveyor CV-02 is fed by conveyor CV-01 boasting a similar length, with both conveyors overcoming significant elevation change as they transport ore from the first level of the underground mine system to the surface. Conveyor CV-02 feeds into another TAKRAF conveyor, this time an overland conveyor, also boasting advanced gearless drive technology, which itself feeds into an existing conveying system.“Thanks to the effective collaboration of all concerned, together with our technology partners, ABB, commissioning of the drives was realised in a record time of only 14 days. This now means that the drives are ready and can be employed for the arduous task of belt installation, which makes the process significantly safer and faster”, said Marc Hollinger, TAKRAF Project Manager. “We always strive to ensure that our commissioning processes are conducted safely and efficiently while exceeding client expectations across all areas”, said Carlos Gonzalez, TAKRAF Construction Manager.